Before getting myself in a toga (I have yet to figure out how to make one), it’s time for the last gym of 2012 report:
After sloshing my way to the gym I was ready for doing something fun.
- Barbell bench press: 1 * 10 20kg, 1 * 10 30kg, 1 * 10 35kg, 1 * 10 40kg, 1 * 6 45kg, 1 * 3 50kg (new PB!)
- Front squats: 1 * 10 20kg, 1 * 10 25kg, 1 * 10 30kg
- Squats: 1 * 10 60kg, 1 * 8 70kg, 1 * 6 80kg, 1 * 6 90kg, 1 * 4 95kg, 1 * 2 100kg (new PB there too!
- EZ bar triceps extension: 1 * 10 16.5kg, 1 * 10 19kg, 1 * 8 21.5kg
- EZ bar bicep curls: 1 * 10 14kg, 1 * 10 16.5kg, 1 * 10 19kg
- Dumbbell pullover: 4 * 10 10kg
- Leg raises: 4 * 10
Now I know I can squat with 100kg, next goal is to do that with better technique and greater range of motion (didn’t quite make it to parallel, almost.) I have some goals for the 2013 for the gym:
- Bench press own bodyweight
- Squat 1.5 times own bodyweight
- Manage to do pullups (I did 1/4 of a pullup today, I guess it doesn’t count? 🙂 )
1. Share one thing that you plan to do for yourself in 2013. I’m actually going to start eating right. I know I know, I should be doing that already. But there are more excuses than there is space in the internet, and I’m not going to write them all here. I have the eating plan, maybe I should follow it 😀
2. Share a good habit that you will continue doing into the new year. Setting goals at the gym and working towards them.
3. Do you make new year’s make resolutions? If so, do you typically stick to them? I don’t usually make any. Unless they are something along the lines “I’m gonna breath also on 2013”.
4. Do you have any health goals for the new year? The usual, getting rid of the fat (see 1.) and that sort of thing.
5. Share one thing that you plan to do in January. I’m going to go to see some synchronized skating.
6. Do you have any travel plans for the coming year? If so, where are you most excited to go? Some kind of road trip might be on the to-do list, and a visit to Helsinki to see Rammstein, 30 seconds to Mars, Green Day and couple of other bands in June.
7. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? I’m going to a toga party 😀
8. What are your resolutions for 2013? I’m going to try out 6 new sports.
9. What are you looking forward to most over the next 12 months? Summer.
10. Share something unique that you hope to do in 2013. I’m not that unique, so I guess my todo list is pretty much the same as the next guys 😀
I found yesterday this app called Fitocracy. It’s some kinda social app and workout diary, and I’m just trying it out. Apparently it has gotten appraisals for being addictive like a video game, but I’m not so sure. It was easy to record a workout, and it seems I get points for every workout and the more points I have, the higher my level is. Anyone else using this app?
- Deadlift: 1 * 10 40kg, 2 * 10 50kg, 1 * 10 55kg
- Front squat: 1 * 10 20kg, 1 * 10 30kg, 1 * 10 40kg
- Sumo squat: 4 * 10 90kg
- Bent-over barbell row: 4 * 10 45kg
- One-leg press: 3 * 10/leg 120kg
- Straight-arm pushdown: 3 * 10 20kg
- Sidebends: 3 * 15/side 15kg
- Decline situps: 2 * 15 5kg, 2 * 15 2.5kg
I didn’t feel like lunges today, so I tried front squat. Man it hurts to hold the bar in front of you. Maybe it just needs getting used to… I liked doing the squat, but the bar was evil.
Oh man how great gym day this was. Maybe I didn’t eat all that food and chocolate in vain! It was just bulk and strength, not “over eating”.
New training gloves and shoes in action, maybe they too made the weights so light today.
- Dumbbell bench press: 2 * 10 16kg, 1 * 6, 1 * 7 18kg (from 14kg to 18kg, go me!)
- Bench dips: 4 * 10, 15kg plate
- Cable triceps extensions: 4 * 10 17,5kg
- Cable bicep curls: 4 * 10 17,5kg
- Lateral raises: 3 * 10, 9kg
- Twists with barbell: 3 * 12/side, 25kg
- Back extensions: 3 * 12, 15kg
- Leg raises: 5 * 10
Nice shoes! Well, they were really cheap. But surprisingly great and sturdy. Plus I love the color 🙂 My mom and dad got me a gift voucher at Stadium (a sport gear store) for Christmas, and I of course spent it already. I got myself a pair of gym gloves, pair of shoes, a buff, technical underwear (nicer to run wearing them I have to admit) and a warm hoodie. Voucher well spent I’d say! I was fiddling and fingering training shorts and tops, but my dear bf informed me that I have way too many tops and shorts already. I guess he means that my training clothes take up way more space than his training gear. Or that he would prefer to see my sweaty tops somewhere else than on living room floor…
And this last pic is for Robinson. He wanted to see my running/granny pins, so here they are!
My pins are (really) cheap (about 10€) and by no means made for running I suppose. But they do their job. Pins are tall enough to hold and the plastic “wrap” is really heavy (getting it on the shoes was a workout in itself…)
Posted in Gym, Running
Tagged Gym stuff
Sun was almost shining and it felt like waste of time not to go out. Why is that? One gets a bad concience if one does not go outside when the weather is nice. Maybe it’s just this winter and stupid polar night thing…
Anyway, I got myself these pins for my running shoes. Ugly as hell, but at least I didn’t fall! I also visited the sales and now I’m all matchymatchy 🙂
- Distance/Duration:2.6km / 18:36
- Avg./Max.speed:7:10 / 4:31 min/km
- Calories:311 kcal
- Total ascent/decent13 / 10m
Apparently I also ran my new PB in Cooper: 1750m (which according to Endomondo is 28m better than my previous PB). Oh the joy of the technology!