As I have established, I can squat with 100kg (and little more). What I can’t do is squat below parallel (or even close to parallel) with 100kg. I don’t have enough mobility to do ass to the grass (ATG) squats. So what’s a gym bunny to do? Practice and work on this issue of course. I decided to do some mobility exercises before the workout and use them also as a warmup at home before stretching.
I found these two quick mobility guides (and did the second one). First and the second. Now you do it too! 🙂 I’ve noticed that mobility is something I need to work on, so I will add it to my weekly schedule. There, promised.
Today’s workout was for legs and back mainly.
- ALATG (as low as they go) Squats: 10 * 20kg, 10 * 25kg 10 * 30kg, 10 * 35kg
- Barbell Deadlift: 10 * 50kg, 8 * 55kg, 6 * 60kg, 4 * 65kg
- Romanian deadlift: 10 * 50kg, 8 * 55kg, 6 * 60kg, 4 * 65kg
- Barbell bent over row: 4 * 6, 50kg
- Lat machine: 3 * 10, 40kg
- Weighed decline situps: 4 * 15, 5kg
- Sidebends: 3 * 12/side, 16kg
This was fun workout. Plus I managed to do deadlifts with 65kg, new PB! 🙂