As I have said, I’ve been kinda bored out about the gym. And this week is a bit busy, and I can only fit in two gym sessions. I want to get the most out of those two, and I want change.
Arnold’s Golden Six! If you are not familiar with the concept, I’ll sum it up. Those of you who know it, skip this or just admire Arnold above.
The Golden six consist of six moves (no surprises there).
1) Barbell squat. Use a weight that allows you to do 4 times 10 reps. Squat at least to parallel.
2) Barbell bench press. Rather wide grip and 3 times 10 reps.
3) Chins. 3 times as many as you can do. If (like me) you can’t do any, use lat machine (until you can do chin-ups).
4) Overhead press. 4 times 10 reps.
5) Bicep curls. 3 times 10 reps.
6) Sit-ups. Continue until 20 reps or as many as you can do. 3 or 4 sets.
There. It was fun change. Although I did couple alterations (Smith squats because squat racks were taken and Lat machine cause I can’t do chin-ups yet), I really liked this. It doesn’t take too much time but I’m pretty sure it will get boring. This first time was a try out, and next time I’ll know what weights to use. But here’s how it went.
|Squats||35kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
|Bench press||35kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
|Lat machine||40kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
|Overhead press||15kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
|Bicep curl||12kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
|Situps||3 sets of 20||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg||x kg|
There! Next time, more weights to pretty much all moves except overhead press. And by next time I mean Thursday!