Week 11 done and done. I ended this week with gym. How surprising! But what is surprising, I didn’t do G6. I played around with TRX and kettlebells and barbell. Just all around fun.
- 3 * 10, kettle bell swings, 16kg
- 2 * 10, kettle bell hang clean + press, 12kg
- 3 * 15/leg, stepping on the board
- 3 * 10, romanian deadlift, 30kg
- 3 * 10, TRX row
- 3 * 10, TRX pushups
- 3 * 10, TRX hip drop
- 3 * 10, TRX triceps
- 3 * 10, TRX hip raises
- 3 * 10, TRX plank
- 3*5 situps with a stick held up and 3 * 5 with the stick behind the shoulders (see the awesome pic below) 😀
The last one I’m proud of, last fall I couldn’t do one. Now I did 30 and it didn’t even feel hard.
I had a fun weekend, I went to my see my 17-year-old little brother on Saturday. We played Monopoly, ate too much cake and went to the movies. Great fun!
What it comes to the weekly stats, here they are:
- Monday: BodyJam
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: Core training, Skating
- Thursday: Gym
- Friday: Running
- Saturday: –
- Sunday: Running, Gym
Everything is going as planned, and next week will resemble pretty much this week. Then it’s time for working-my-ass-off-week.
Sunday gym and legs. I prefer working out legs any time. Biceps curls seem so boring for some reason. I also have this irrational fear of growing Hulk-shoulders (which is not going to actually happen ever in real life) which also makes me kind of hate working out arms. Stupid? Yes, it is.
- Squats: 10 * 20kg, 10 * 35kg, 10 * 40kg, 10 * 45kg, 10 * 50kg
- Romanian deadlifts: 6 * 6, 50kg
- Bent over barbell row: 4 * 6, 50kg
- Deadlifts: 10 *20kg, 6 * 50kg, 6 * 55kg, 6 * 60kg, 6 * 65kg
- Bench press: 3 * 6, 40kg ( I did this only to achieve a quest in Fitocracy, so sad isn’t it?)
- Pistol squats: 3 * 6/leg, 5kg kettle bell
- Suspended crunch with TRX: 3 * 8
Quite ok. I intended to do one legged squats with TRX, but the TRX was taken. It’s always free, I don’t know what the hell happend. But did pistol squats then. I remember when I was younger, we always did them when doing strength training as figure skaters. And I wasn’t that good in them then either…
I thought about going skiing today after gym, but didn’t feel like it. Now I have been just laying on the couch watching Netflix instead 😀 I’m addicted to British crime series… They are much more fun than American ones. Not too many pretty people and much more sarcasm and irony!
I knew today was a gym day, but I just didn’t feel like doing squats or pushups with swissball. I pondered my options and decided to go for TRX.
Each set was done three times (except I just remembered that I did the first set just twice. Ubs.) and there was a little break between sets:
One legged squat: 12 / leg
Push up: 12
Pull up: 12
Tricep extensions: 12
Hamstring curl: 12
Suspended crunch: 10
Supine pull-through: 10
Sides: 10 /side
Bicep curls: 12
After TRX I went to BodyBalance to test the newest release. I’m really not sure what to think of it. I liked the sun salutations, balance, hip openers, twists and forward bends, but hated core and back strength. Maybe I’ll give this release a change and do it couple of times (before deciding to hate it too much).
What have you guys been up to today? Gym? Running?