Why do I get a hickup after a run? It always starts about 15min after I finish the run and lasts for 5 min or so. Annoying (but somehow funny)! What is this, anyone else with same problem?
I did some intervals today, or fart lek as they say in Swedish. Fart lek, ehahahahaha. Much shorter (and funnier in a 5 year old’s humor kind of way) than “vauhtileikittely” in Finnish.
- 10 min warmup
- 5 times: 2 min fast, 1 min slower
- 10 min cool down
All this and it was snowing and windy and cold. Like the intervals aren’t awful enough… But I get this kind of superhero feeling and I get to be a little more proud of myself when the weather sucks too. It’s just not the same when the sun is shining and all that summer things..
I noticed some very funny gym fashion at my gym today. Wollen socks combined with flip-flops. I know it’s cold in Finland, but people REALLY? That can’t be comfortable.. Anyway, I tried to take couple of different photos than usual, but the result is more funny than successful. I’ll present to you, the one legged gym goer:
So what did I do today then, except took crappy pics because the gym was so full and that was like the only time someone wasn’t walking behind me?
- Dumbbell bench press: 10 * 10kg, 10 * 16kg, 4 * 8 20kg
- Dips: 4 * 10, 15kg + legs on the swiss ball
- Triceps pushdown – rope: 1 * 10, 2 * 9, 1 * 7 20kg
- Biceps curls – rope: 4 * 10, 17,5kg
- Dumbbell sidebends: 3 * 12/side, 20kg
- Lateral raises: 3 * 10, 10kg
- Decline situps: 2 * 15, 5kg
After the hard work at the gym, I went for a run (girl has got to do some cardio you know). I ran for half an hour:
- 5min: brisk walk for warmup (6 km/h)
- 5min: jogging (7 km/h)
- 8min: running (8,5 km/h)
- 4 * 2 min running (10km/h) + 1 min jogging (7km/h)
- 5min: lazy walk for cool down ( 5km/h)
That was hard, I might just do that thing again! 😀
What’s the weirdest gym fashion you have seen? MC Hammer pants anyone?