Deadlift Sunday, with couple of squats and bench presses thrown into the mix too. It’s nice to be able to walk to the gym and not be afraid some limbs to freeze and drop-off on the way. I hate warming up with the treadmill or elliptical trainer, so this walk to the gym is good way to avoid them. I wasn’t planning on going to the gym today, but I tagged along with my boyfriend. And good thing I did, I had fun at the gym.
- Barbell deadlifts: 10*20kg for warm-up. And then the pyramid: 8 * 30kg, 6 * 40kg, 4 * 50kg, 2 * 60kg, 2 * 70kg, 1 * 75kg (and back). Phew! Personal best 75kg deadlift – achieved!
- Romanian deadlifts: 8 * 30kg, 6 * 40kg, 4 * 50kg, 2 * 60kg, 1 * 70kg (and back). Another PB here!
- Goblet squat with kettle bell: 4 * 10, with about 20 or 24kg kettle bell. The bell didn’t have the number plate intact, so I’m not sure about the weight. Who cares anyway.
- Bench press: 10 * 20kg, 8 * 30kg, 6 * 35kg, 4 * 40kg, 2 * 45kg, 1 * 50kg (and back).
- Leg raises: 3 * 10 reps.
There, short and sweet gym!
After gym went to get a cup of coffee, while waiting the super market to open. 0.6l of coffee, that’s what I call a decent sized mug 😀
Happy Sunday folks, I still have some yoga to do…
I don’t know what the hell has happened at the gym, but I’m almost willing to bet money that someone has messed with the weights. They were way too heavy to be like they usually are.
||4 sets of 18 (+2,5kg)
||4 sets of 20 (+2,5kg)
||4 sets of 12 (+5kg)
||4 sets of 15 (+5kg)
I changed squats to Deadlifts and Romanian deadlifts (both 3 * 10 reps with 40kg, 50kg and 60kg weights). If I don’t have Arnold thighs ever, this is to blame.
Sunday gym and legs. I prefer working out legs any time. Biceps curls seem so boring for some reason. I also have this irrational fear of growing Hulk-shoulders (which is not going to actually happen ever in real life) which also makes me kind of hate working out arms. Stupid? Yes, it is.
- Squats: 10 * 20kg, 10 * 35kg, 10 * 40kg, 10 * 45kg, 10 * 50kg
- Romanian deadlifts: 6 * 6, 50kg
- Bent over barbell row: 4 * 6, 50kg
- Deadlifts: 10 *20kg, 6 * 50kg, 6 * 55kg, 6 * 60kg, 6 * 65kg
- Bench press: 3 * 6, 40kg ( I did this only to achieve a quest in Fitocracy, so sad isn’t it?)
- Pistol squats: 3 * 6/leg, 5kg kettle bell
- Suspended crunch with TRX: 3 * 8
Quite ok. I intended to do one legged squats with TRX, but the TRX was taken. It’s always free, I don’t know what the hell happend. But did pistol squats then. I remember when I was younger, we always did them when doing strength training as figure skaters. And I wasn’t that good in them then either…
I thought about going skiing today after gym, but didn’t feel like it. Now I have been just laying on the couch watching Netflix instead 😀 I’m addicted to British crime series… They are much more fun than American ones. Not too many pretty people and much more sarcasm and irony!